Postby Cone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:19 am

Lotta primo bullshit Delores speeches this week

America’s favorite Rambling Renegade Robot

Cone

Postby Honk For Dracula » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:25 am

sucks they had to write out Hopkins

Honk For Dracula

Postby FourLegsGood » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:26 am

Another episode I felt like I was waiting out. Still hoping it amounts to something. Are they time-shifting again from Jeffrey Wright waking up on the beach/being with the paramilitary to him hanging out with that female CEO? Seems potentially significant, I guess.

FourLegsGood

Postby Viola Swamp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:37 am

fully out

gonna rewatch deadwood instead

Viola Swamp

Postby Honk For Dracula » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:39 am

yea this is the first episode where I thought "I haven't watched dw in a while"

Honk For Dracula

Postby sleigh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 am

loved it
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby farmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:26 pm

im a westworld hater but s2ep2 was prob the smartest and best ep of the whole series and i loved it. expected s2 would be putrid and unwatchable, really been surprised so far by how fun and good it is.

the turn on the meaning of "it doesnt look like anything to me" in the first scene was grand, and every bit of the flashwayback stuff this ep was great. the rich brother was especially outstanding in the "guess the robot" scene.

though they kinda opened themselves up to a giant host of other problems by intimating overall that it basically started in modern day instead of near future.

farmer

Postby Cone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 pm

All the art design in the “outside world” scenes was rad as hell. Mad Blade Runner vibes.

At least this dumb show is visually pleasing most of the time.

Cone

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:06 pm

ep 2 is the worst

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby Cone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:54 pm

I think the only part of the story that I’m legitimately still enjoying is the idea that the Man in Black is this like super dedicated role player dude who thinks he’s the only one doing it right and taking it seriously but to everybody else he’s just the weird old man who’s way too into Westworld. Like he thinks he’s on this kickass treasure hunt when really it has nothing to do with him and nobody could really give a shit about anything he does but Ford just likes to fuck with him every so often.

He’s like those obsessive Disney people who obsessively search around the parks for the hidden Mickeys and shit like that.

Cone

Postby Cone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Like I’ll watch Ed Harris play pretend cowboy and go around in circles on some non existent scavenger hunt forever

Cone

Postby farmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:07 pm

hmm thats not what ed harris is up to at all, though.

like, he def likes the rp thing but he pretty clearly thinks hes starting a revolution/humanitys end, not just some sidequest in the park.

farmer

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm

He’s looking for the guillotine shed, duh
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby sleigh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:10 pm

yeah for sure, his is my favorite storyline. i disagree w/ the general consensus that this show takes itself too seriously -- although i think there's some new earnestness with the introduction of the facebook selling your data black mirror angle -- and maybe it's intentional, maybe it's not, but one of my favorite dynamics in the show is the different approaches the main characters take to how seriously to take it. e.g. one of my favorite conflicts has been between maeve's and dolores' perspectives/outlooks & what the show thinks of them & what that does to the kind of show you get when you're spending time with either of them.w/ dolores, the show is a sloggy liberation/revelution story. in maeve scenes, it's like... homeward bound x do androids dream of electric sheep. neither are particularly compelling to me, but i guess i do enjoy them and i'm certainly interested in the show's view of them and how it'll resolve the conflict b/w them. (fwiw i thought their meeting this week was v disappointing)

but which is i think why i enjoy ed harris scenes the most. he's just down for some old-timey western roleplay. me too bro
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby sleigh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:11 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:He’s looking for the guillotine shed, duh

lol
sleigh
ok

Postby farmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:14 pm

i for one loved the facebook turn. all hands on deck to jar humanity into giving a fuck, integrity of hbo scifi drama be damned.

i am totally on board for on the nose things being eyerolled by the hpntelligencia if it means the average viewer in our reality finally "gets" things better.

farmer

Postby FourLegsGood » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:15 pm

I mean, the ultimate showdown is gonna be Dolores vs Ed Harris, right?

FourLegsGood

Postby sleigh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:18 pm

kinda has to be right but we'll see
sleigh
ok

Postby sleigh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 pm

i dig how the rich bro in law was like "damn you guys weren't kidding -- i wanna fuck this thing!" and then he realizes how far ahead this technology is, grapples with it for a sec, and then is like "damn now i REALLY wanna fuck these things"
sleigh
ok

Postby sleigh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:22 pm

doped out on jool heroin at the reception, monologuing at dolores "these fools are celebrating the end of humanity. and you know what the saddest thing is? they lit the match. don't they see? can't they see we should be fucking these things?"
sleigh
ok

Postby Cone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Maybe I’m not remembering correctly or completely missing it but what significant impact has been caused by anything he’s done outside of him serving as an accessory to an arc that would have developed on its own without his involvement

Basically he thinks he’s hot shit but in reality he’s not really causing any significant impact

Cone

Postby Cone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Maybe I should just stick to critiquing Family Guy

Cone

Postby Cone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Nice

Cone

Postby sleigh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:34 pm

we know he had a vision for the park and brought the money in; that he feels more ownership over the vision and direction of the park than robert & arnold and it remains to be seen exactly what that entails

but i think you're right like at least from my perspective as a viewer yeah that stuff is there, but i just enjoy watching ed harris do businessman cowboy roleplay shit. like his monologue about having received his judgment and taking issue with it, fun as shit
sleigh
ok

Postby Skerple » Tue May 01, 2018 1:29 am

fuck. I like this show again
Me, I'm fine because the Bordeaux fun fair is setting up and I find the fairground people. Welcome in my world:

Skerple

Postby Skerple » Tue May 01, 2018 1:32 am

to use the term on the confederado's iPad thing, you could say my "mortality response" to it has been been tempered (or raised?)
Me, I'm fine because the Bordeaux fun fair is setting up and I find the fairground people. Welcome in my world:

Skerple

Postby Skerple » Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 am

"it's not a place... it's a weapon.... ninjas"

Skerple

Postby internethandle » Tue May 01, 2018 1:46 am

Cone wrote:All the art design in the “outside world” scenes was rad as hell. Mad Blade Runner vibes.

you mean downtown los angeles?

internethandle
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley