tell me about the river you take a shit in every day

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby clouds » Wed May 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Inspired by a post in petty's toilet paper thread.

Every day that I am home I take a shit in the Arkansas River.

The headwaters of this 1,469 mile river are located in the Rocky Mountains in Lake County, Colorado near the town of Leadville (the highest incorporated city in the United States at 10,152' above sea level). It's a great rafting and trout fishing river up there. The clean, cold waters come from the snowmelt in the Sawatch and Mosquito ranges. I will be camping near Leadville in a few short weeks.

Downstream near Cañon City, Colorado it cut 1,250 into the granite to create Royal Gorge, home of the Royal Gorge Bridge. 955 feet above the water below, perhaps your parents or step dad took you here on some grand western road trip when you were 12. It was the highest bridge in the world from it's completion in 1929 until 2001 when China beat us with the Liuguanghe Bridge over the Wu River, and still remains the highest bridge in the Unites States.

Downstream from Cañon City, the river becomes broad and flat as it passes through Kansas, where people in towns such as Garden City, Wichita, and Arkansas City (pronounced Ar-kan-sas City for some reason) all take shits in it.

South of Arkansas City, the river flows southeastward torwards Tulsa. Along the way dams form Kaw Lake and Keystone Lake, large flood control reservoirs. Downstream from Keystone Dam, the river flows through Tulsa where I take a shit in it almost every day.

In Oklahoma the Arkansas is part of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System, where the Port of Catoosa serves as the second furthest inland port after Duluth, Minnesota - allowing commercial barge traffic to reach the Mississippi River.

As we head southeast towards Arkansas, we come the site of the 2002 I-40 Bridge Disaster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-40_bridge_disaster

In Arkansas the river continues on its eastward descent towards the Mississippi, passing through Little Rock where it gathers more shit.

The river then flows on to its confluence with the 2,320 mile long Mississippi River near the lost town of Napoleon, Arkansas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon,_Arkansas

And via the Big Muddy, eventually ends up in the Gulf of Mexico in the brackish waters of the Mississippi Delta. The brown water you see in the aerial photo below could be the very mud and silt which make up the delta, or it could be shit. No one knows for sure.

Bonus Fact: Until Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848, the Arkansas River formed a large part of the U.S.-Mexico border

clouds

Postby clouds » Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm

wow i hope you are all taking some time to do your research before sharing a few facts about the rivers you shit in every day

clouds

Postby Beaver King » Wed May 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Beaver King
ok

Postby pablito » Wed May 23, 2018 5:17 pm

amazing thread already. cmon yall don’t be shy lets talk shit rivers
i shit in a river of my piss every damn time. it’s just how it seems to go down i guess. i’d like to shit in a nice huge water river though that sounds grand! i wanna shit into the grand canyon
*Offer temporarily suspended in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for understanding

pablito

Location: chicago illinois, pm me for address, come fucking fight me*

Postby terminus » Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 pm

the big sioux river also colloquially known as the "big poo"
it's interesting, the posts

terminus

Postby bongo » Wed May 23, 2018 5:24 pm

i sponsor a group rivershit the second tuesday of every month
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby goldmatt » Wed May 23, 2018 5:31 pm

goldmatt

Postby blab » Wed May 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Trinity River

the most gorgeous river in the country

folks know it from the alligator gar episode of River Monsters.

watch out when your shittin are you might run into one of these! don't worry, they're nice and not usually big. iirc they won't bite you, but they got a mean tail fin!

blab

Postby i feel fine » Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm

i shit in a big river with my wife
A I R

i feel fine
i'm ill not sicc

Postby kit fox » Wed May 23, 2018 6:09 pm

the huron river. it originates in a swamp and then tracks about 40 miles southwest before turning sharply, and begins tracking southeast ending in Lake Erie. Lake Erie is pretty fucked because it catches a lot of river water with fertilizer runoff from farming communities (plus all my shit) which feed the algae blooms that starve the fish for oxygen. I'm not going to stop shitting in it though I tell you what.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Beaver King » Wed May 23, 2018 8:06 pm

do you shit while submerged in the river, or squat above it?

Beaver King
ok

Postby fresco painter » Wed May 23, 2018 8:10 pm

this thread dumps

fresco painter
Comptroller

Postby fresco painter » Wed May 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Cowlitz river is pretty neat, I think it's snowmelt and shit from the cascades. Eventually it flows down in the columbia river valley or something

fresco painter
Comptroller

Postby chandler » Wed May 23, 2018 8:18 pm

The Delaware River, made famous when Washington crossed it

If you look closely at the well known painting, you can see floating turds dropped by signers of the declaration of independence
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?

chandler

Postby fuckles » Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 pm

i shat in the pacific ocean once and got in trouble for it
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.

fuckles

Postby gallits » Wed May 23, 2018 9:11 pm

I live really near the coast on this one but I guess we can ramp it up by considering the entirety of the country I live in as effectively defined as the delta of the Rhine.
Canals and rivers can only be distinguished by name in The Netherlands, the one in which my shit most probably takes passage is the verversingskanaal (literally, refreshments canal) of The Hague
This is taken right by a lock, which is rare in holland because the elevation rarely changes. In this case, the Dunes which The Hague famously sits behind cause a slight elevation in the water table as the canal passes between The Hague and Scheveningen.
Locally this canal is notable for its width and the many houseboats that line its banks. I seem to only be able to find a picture from the 1950s of the latter, although it doesn't look much different from this view today.

gallits

Postby clouds » Wed May 23, 2018 9:16 pm

cowlitz is a good one. doubt too many boarders shit in that river every day.

the deleware has gotta be one of the more popular rivers for boarders to shit in. historical shit river.

clouds

Postby incoherent grunting » Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Ooh baby, crunch a grumpy into that big beautiful Bow - home to some of the world's best fishing - wash it out to Hudson's Bay, set it free.

I've had a tour of both treatment plants in the city, and if you fall into these pools of shit you'll be pulled down and killed instantly.

Later, shit.
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby clouds » Wed May 23, 2018 9:33 pm

man ive toured drinking water treatment plants but never a sewage treatment plant. that sounds fun as...shit?

clouds

Postby lights » Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Well this thread got me curious about where my shit goes, and turns out I was able to look it up in some detail!

Turns out my shit goes through a combined sewer system (which I guess is when storm water and shit go through the same system), and though some of it is directed elsewhere I can say with some certainty that at least some of my shit has gone into the Anacostia River right by that red arrow there.

Like you'd imagine given that this river is used for sewage runoff for DC, this river used to be pretty fuckin gross. A lot of groups have put in work, though, and the quality of the river is improving! Enough that I'd go canoeing on it, but still wouldn't swim in it.

Some sites of note are the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, which essentially is a preservation area for some marshes upstream from where my shit hits the river. Pretty cool spot, good boardwalks to walk out into the marsh, see some weird birds and shit. Very relaxing. Right across the way is the National Arboretum, which is also very relaxing plus has a bunch of columns in the middle of a field.

Further downstream is Nats park! Nice ballpark, not a ton of character or whatever but it's comfy, has decent concessions (though the switch that beer guys now carry the 22oz beers may be problematic in the summer since I can't see that beer staying cold), and is really easy to get to. I particularly like the bike valet accomodation they have at the park.

From there the Anacostia hits the Potomac, which flows into Chesapeake Bay and onto the ocean.

lights

Postby seafoam » Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

We dump shit into the ocean, sometimes it comes back with shits enough to close beaches

seafoam

Postby blab » Wed May 23, 2018 11:33 pm

this thread adds context to the phrase "up shit creek without a paddle"

blab

Postby DasLofGang » Wed May 23, 2018 11:52 pm

i shit in a lake fed by a river that famously caught on fire a bunch of times
Yes, sir, I've become a real "Net-Head!" I don't know how I communicated before I got online!

DasLofGang

Postby brittle » Thu May 24, 2018 12:11 am

The closest river is about 20 miles away. But I have rafted down the Arkansas through Canon City.

My shit goes here:
The Griswold Water Purification Facility was constructed in 1967. The treatment plant was built as a direct filtration drinking water treatment plant, and was originally named after former Aurora Public Works Director Leonard R. Kuiper. In 2001, the facility was renamed in honor of Aurora’s former Utilities Director, Thomas Griswold, who served as Aurora’s Utilities Director from 1986 through 2001. When built, the plant was designed to treat a maximum of 20 million gallons per day (MGD). In 1972, the plant was expanded to treat approximately 40 MGD and in 1976, was again expanded to 70 MGD. The facility underwent further renovations and maintenance between 1999 and 2001.

In 2012, the Griswold Water Purification Facility received the “Excellence in Water Treatment” distinction from the Partnership for Safe Water, the highest designation available.

brittle

Postby brittle » Thu May 24, 2018 12:12 am

Ive also toured a waste treatment facility (TWICE) with my boy scout troop.

It smells pretty much like you'd expect only worse.

brittle

Postby brittle » Thu May 24, 2018 12:16 am

I remember the guide saying that there was a 13 foot tall screen at the end of the main pipe that fed nto the plant, which needed to be cleaned every hour-- even more frequently in the summer.

One boy asked what made it so dirty and the waste guy said, "mostly corn"

brittle

Postby aububs » Thu May 24, 2018 7:00 am

this thread made me look up jobs in sewage treatment plants

turns out it's quite hard to get one
astonishing vigils

aububs

Postby Spoons » Thu May 24, 2018 7:01 am

op is a great post/av

or... is that the joke?
bongo wrote:spoons pounds

Spoons

Postby Kenny » Thu May 24, 2018 7:06 am

I took a dump in the ocean in Mexico (Baja California) once when I was a kid (like 10 or under). Still feel weird about it...
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Return to Aguachile Alley