Official Nintendo Thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby swamp angel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:16 pm

i don't think you need motion controls to be good at splatoon; i never use them and i'm pretty successful in turf war & ranked

i played the wiiu one a lot & i miss the 2nd screen. it was nice being able to keep track of the map without toggling it. i think the original had better special weapons too, but i could just be adjusting to the new one.

swamp angel

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:42 pm

I haven't bit on Mario Kart, Splatoon or ARMS so far, largely due to a mix of Zelda, a long delay in Nintendo fixing my Switch and poorness but really looking forward to about a month or a month in a half in a month or two where Redout (the F-Zero clone), Mario and NBA 2K all release and my Switch collection balloons by 400%! I think I may have had moments where I'd bought 4 games in six months for the Wii but never for my PS4 and not for any system since, maybe, the N64? Excited to have a variety of things to play...
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby swamp angel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:44 pm

i didn't even consider that 2k18 would be coming out for the Switch. That's the only thing i play on my PS4 these days, other than that it's just an expensive streaming box

swamp angel

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:49 pm

shankly wrote:i didn't even consider that 2k18 would be coming out for the Switch. That's the only thing i play on my PS4 these days, other than that it's just an expensive streaming box

That was exactly my situation when I sold it to buy a Switch. Cheaper to just buy a Roku or something. But actually I just stream everything on my laptop.

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby camping » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:56 pm

how are you guys playing yakuza 0 without a ps4
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday

camping
i wish i cared

Postby swamp angel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:58 pm

camping don't do this to me. i'm so close to making a reasonable decision here.

swamp angel

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:20 pm

camping wrote:how are you guys playing yakuza 0 without a ps4

I, for one, only enjoy Nintendo titles and NBA 2K, is the realization I made after a few years with a PS4. I don't care for your Yakuza whatever and Gears of Whoziwhatzits. So there.

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Getbetter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm so hyped about the fact the 3ds is going to have all of the Dragon Quest main story line games playable. DQ5 was such an amazing RPG and I have to always echo that it should be on any RPGs lovers playlist.

Getbetter

Postby flimsy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:30 pm

I might be misremembrring but I'm pretty sure dq5 is the only jrpg I've finished. Great game

flimsy

Postby kylie minogue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:35 am

non-switch but i've been playing kirby planet robobot and it is really good, although the circle pad on the 3ds feels too loose for platforming and the d-pad feels like it's gonna give me a blister

up to the 4th world and there's been some neat variation with a shmup section and some endless runner type stuff
hahaha mad me chuckle that

kylie minogue

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:41 am

I need to get some of the Kirby 3DS games, Triple Deluxe and (esp.) Robobot look like a lot of easy going fun. I guess I expected them to get cheaper in used copies though.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:52 am

Getbetter wrote:I'm so hyped about the fact the 3ds is going to have all of the Dragon Quest main story line games playable. DQ5 was such an amazing RPG and I have to always echo that it should be on any RPGs lovers playlist.

I have 4, 5, 6 and 9 on DS and 7 & 8 on 3DS B-)

(Not to mention 1+2 and 3 on GBC :ugeek:)

(I've only beaten 1, 5, and 7 though)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Double McDouble » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 am

miss black america wrote:non-switch but i've been playing kirby planet robobot and it is really good, although the circle pad on the 3ds feels too loose for platforming and the d-pad feels like it's gonna give me a blister

up to the 4th world and there's been some neat variation with a shmup section and some endless runner type stuff

game slays. triple deluxe for 3ds is also pretty great as well.
Double McDouble

Postby coma kid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:53 pm

i'm really enjoying Sonic Mania, and i never really played much of the originals. feel like they should release a best of package now to take advantage.

also pretty psyched for Mario + Rabbids in a couple of weeks. early impressions seem really, really positive. from here on through the end of the year should be pretty incredible: Mario + Rabbids > Samus Returns > Mario Odyssey > Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and maybe a surprise in there as well)

coma kid

Postby meeshpotato » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Re: disgaea 5

miss black america wrote:you move around that in a 3d space rather than using the "select a tile" movement system of the srpgs

I ended up getting really into this game, I love how light and free it is in general. At first I cringed at the humor but it's kind of endearing to me now. Plus I love that there's tons of stuff to do besides the main levels. If you get bored of something, you can just go do something else for a bit.

I'm not sure I fully understand the free movement critique given that it's only in the hub world and I'm not that familiar with srpgs in general. Are there generally strategy elements in the hub worlds related to movement? Or you just don't like the way it feels? I kind of like running around jumping to get from point a to b after a level.

meeshpotato

Postby lust » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Nabbed a Switch order from Amazon today. Super excited!!

lust

Postby lust » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:05 pm

I used birthday money from my mom to help pay for the new Nintendo console and I'm 32. Feels so right

lust

Postby Zardoz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am

I can't wait for the winter to obliterate all social obligations. I might finally get good at Splatoon if Odyssey doesn't consume me. But I'm a bit worried at how stacked the release schedule is. Not sure how I'm gonna justify these purchases.

Zardoz

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 am

Do you think the SNES mini is going to be at all easier to get, or do you think Nintendo will pull another boner.

I really want that StarFox 2

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby whatabout tim » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:16 am

I hope it's easier to get, but given Nintendo's history and the continued rarity of the switch it will be just as hard to get.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby tgk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 am

I'm still pissed about that walmart preorder fuckup

tgk

Postby freshweed » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 am

Love that Sonic mania!

freshweed

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 am

bluemovers wrote:i'm really enjoying Sonic Mania, and i never really played much of the originals. feel like they should release a best of package now to take advantage.

I feel like Sonic Mania basically is a best of package. I've only played it a bit (still knee deep in BOTW) but the two levels I've seen are either the exact same ones from earlier games or variants thereof.

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby camping » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 am

sonic mania is a ton of fun, so glad i got it on switch rather than ps4
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday

camping
i wish i cared

Postby camping » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 am

i don't think i'm getting anything until mario?

camping
i wish i cared

Postby gambra » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Kenny wrote:Do you think the SNES mini is going to be at all easier to get, or do you think Nintendo will pull another boner.

I really want that StarFox 2

My feeling is that even if they double production the SNES mini has far more appealing games to the masses that the NES version. It's going to be impossible to get your hands on one for a while.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

virtuous wrote:lol imagine if your dad ran hpn

gambra

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:01 pm

camping wrote:i don't think i'm getting anything until mario?

I've got: WWE 2K18, NBA 2K18 and Redout either before or around the time of Mario.

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby gambra » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm planning to get a Switch by Christmas so will let the bulk of games get released and there's a pretty solid line up of games I want already: BOTW, Mario Rabbids, WWE2K18, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey and possibly Splatoon.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

virtuous wrote:lol imagine if your dad ran hpn

gambra

Postby Brevity » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Yeah, I don't even play video games but I'm checking every day for that SNES mini. If I'm any indication, every single motherfucker is gonna want one and it's gonna be impossible

Brevity

Postby Cone » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm definitely gonna get FIFA for Switch but I'm ready to be underwhelmed/fuck up my joycons playing it.

Cone

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley