Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:40 pm

okay i thought about it. dc is probably going to rewatch the fight a dozen times and see how he dominated most of it and the trilogy happens. book it in ohio and bill it as his final fight. if dc respected stipe's power more and didn't just try to take all the
punches and did more wrestling, it would've probably been a 50-45 or 49-46 win for him

Francis-Stipe 2 doesn't really interest me, be the same type of grinding as the first or a quick ko from francis

Jones should fight the winner of Walker-Corey fight then Tiago rematch if he wins. He's not going to heavyweight to fight Stipe or anyone any time soon, people need to stop with that.

DC-Stipe 3 is now bigger than DC-Jones 3, bring it
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby joymonger » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 pm

rounds 2-4 before he got KOed, i made the remark that DC was fighting like jones - arms out in front of him, hand fighting, trying to stifle the offense, complete with an eyepoke for good measure. problem is that DC doesn't have the elbows that jones does and stipe adjusted to it eventually.
joymonger

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Brouhaha wrote:DC-Stipe 3 is now bigger than DC-Jones 3, bring it

DC-Jones 3 would have done a million buys, even on ESPN+ if advertised as DC's retirement fight, if he'd beaten Stipe.

DC-Stipe 3 would have struggled to do 500-600k on traditional PPV and will do worse now that they're on ESPN+. Stipe's star rose a bit last night but let's not go crazy.
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

Venmo: @hipro or PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?
An actual homeless person (tho not on the streets fwiw), so, you know, help is nice!
buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:44 pm

Jones vs. Walker/Anderson winner or Weidman if he beats Reyes (gives Walker one more fight to season for Jones and Jones/Weidman, even though Chris would get murked, would probably do OK)
Cormier retires, faces Stipe a third time or... it's not going to happen but the classic DC/Cain gym wars brought to the Octagon as DC's final fight could be really special
Diaz/Masvidal BOOK IT
Pettis/Lawler is a good bounce back for them both
Costa gets next from the MW title fight
Yoel vs Kelvin 5 rounder as the guys on the fringes of contention see who's gonna stick around there

Venmo: @hipro or PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?
An actual homeless person (tho not on the streets fwiw), so, you know, help is nice!
buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Pettis-RDA
Lawler-Till
Yoel-Cannonier/Herm loser
Kelvin-Cannonier/Herm winner
Stipe-DC

could switch yoel and kelvin or have them fight each other. yoel should be the gatekeeper for anyone to get a title shot, izzy lucked out on skipping him

Till wants Kelvin but that probably doesn't happen

jones-dc 3 isn't shit now, nobody cares. dc wasn't realistically going back to 205 and Jones wasnt moving up. much rather see a 1-1 trilogy
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:02 pm

aka has fallen on hard times

luke is a non contender and shouldn't bother returning.
same with cain, stick with lucha.
dc will fight once more or retire.

and dustin is going to get a finish on khabib
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby ARealGirl » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Masvidal vs. Raging Al would be a sweet fight
Like all teenage girls she has three things on her mind: boys, fashion, and improvisation all the time.
ARealGirl

Postby Brouhaha » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 pm

they fought in 2015. al won by split decision

Al's fighting Dan Hooker @243
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm glad Dustin and I are on the same page.
Gonna be a glorious finish.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/dustin-poirier-finish-khabib-nurmagomedov-ufc-242

Arguably the hardest hitting 55er. On the best team and basically been training for Nurm for over a year now. Likely endless days of guys much heavier on his back. Just hope he doesn't get injured.

Conor should grew a pair and fight Tony to set up the winners fighting each other.
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Masvidal-Nate is all but done so do Edwards-Woodley and Thompson-Ponz.

Nate probably beats Jorge and it'll be a colossal disappointment of a fight
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Was nice seeing DC already getting back to life and giving a talk at a college. Dana wants the Stipe trilogy too
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Kinda want to do a Khabib/Dustin av bet based on it just being kinda confounding how confident you're being

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:38 pm

lol, ariel did an hour interview with mcnuggets. claims he was going to fight justin g but messed up his hand
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:40 pm

I'm down to av bet, sure
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:13 pm

I just feel like... Khabib wins. I mean, I know, Tibau and whatever but... that was years ago and a totally different kind of fighter than Dustin.

I'm still surprised Dustin beat Max, felt entirely size related. Would pick Tony, Conor and maybe Gaethje in a rematch over Dustin. His second most impressive win in recent times was Eddie who got starched by a guy without a wikipedia page in Japan less than a year later.

I mean, I like Dustin. Dustin is... good. But he's not a guy I'd pick to beat Khabib. I think he wins 1 out of 10 times they fight, AT BEST and that's just for a puncher's chance.

But you seem *convinced* otherwise. Thus... AV bet. I'd go with a month.

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:19 pm

His win over Jim Miller in 2017 *wasn't a unanimous decision* and there were members of the press who scored it a draw or a Miller win.

This was a start of a 4 fight slide for Miller. I think he had Lyme Disease at the time.

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm

2019 Dustin beats all those guys, maybe not Tony, that's a pick em.

I got Dustin by tko, probably in the 2nd.

I called Dustin over Max too

It's mma though and anything can happen, so I'm maxing all my bets to just 7 days now

Nurm didn't look too great vs Conor.
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:20 pm

I actually watched that whole Conor interview, oh boy.

Don't see him fighting Tony or the winner of Justin G-Cowboy.

He'll take the winner of Dustin-Khabib or Nate-Jorge.

Tony probably has a better shot at getting the title shot if Khabib wins, but Conor probably gets it if Dustin wins.
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Probably should stay away from 70 though
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby j-ol » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:33 pm

i wish all these guys would stfu and just get some fights booked

jorge - nate seems like a lock, everybody wants it

if tony gets bypassed for the next shot, there should be a mass revolt
j-ol

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:01 am

shots fired, your move, ariel

make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:39 pm

holy shit, all 14 fights at bellator had a finish. happy for newell

cormier lost his dad, what an awful month it's been.

also is there a support system for people who've recently become colby fans? I didn't ask for this but here we are
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:25 pm

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/ufc-244-darren-till-vs-kelvin-gastelum-booked

Surprised they went through with this.
Gas has nothing to gain here. UFC needs to stop giving Till big fights and let him develope vs midcarders, especially in a higher div. It's funny because Till probably walks around the same or heavier than Gas still.

Oh, and when I was wondering why gdr-nunes wasn't for the 45 belt, it's because gdr wanted to do it at 35.

Zingano was supposed to be on Helwani's show today but backed out. They were originally planning a Holm-Zingano fight, which would have been more interesting than Holm's Raquel rematch
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby j-ol » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 am

y'all see the video of penn getting ko'd by some heavyweight in a street fight? such a disgrace... i never liked penn but can't help but feel a little sad for the decline. he's never even been knocked out in his pro career.
j-ol

Postby 2nd_yellow » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:24 am

Yeah that video was something else. This wasn't his first bar brawl though. I know there's dumbasses out there that look to start shit with pro fighters, but you'd think that there would be some mini-bosses to get through before the final boss fight right? Like I came out of this thinking hes got a pretty shitty crew to just keep letting him get into bar brawls.
2nd_yellow

Postby 2nd_yellow » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:23 am

weili zhang is a beast
2nd_yellow

Postby zach york » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 am

wow..she ran through andrade like a hot knife through butter..
zach york

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Zhang vs Rose would be a lot of fun.

She was obviously impressive here and has been on a heck of a roll but I don't think she could get past Rose, Joanna or Gadelha. Glad to see her prove me wrong, though.

I could see her getting Waterson first, both because she's popular and on a win streak and it would be someone that they'd think she could beat and worst case scenario you get a popular fighter getting the title.

It's almost too bad she's champ now, because I'd have loved to see her tested against some of the folks that aren't in the title chase right now, like Cavillo and Grasso, who feel more on her development level?

But if she gets Suarez first, I'm putting her as like a 5-1 underdog minimum.

buriedinspace

Postby j-ol » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:37 pm

that was awesome, classic clinch beatdown. women's SW is such a volatile division rn, so many potential contenders, will be interesting if anyone can separate from the pack, make multiple defences
j-ol

Postby zach york » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:38 pm

Dana White said every one turned her down but Andrade but he's also a notorious bullshitter so who knows. JJ, Rose and Suarez would be tough fights but i think she'd smash Gadelha.
zach york

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....