Pete Holmes Comes To HBO (With A Cultural Airball)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:52 pm

I mean even if WTF and CBB are still stale a lot of the time these days, I'll forever regard them warmly for getting me started on the road to enjoying half-employed comedians talking about basketball, twitch streamers talking about bad kickstarters, and communist hillbillies
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby light rail coyote » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:07 pm

the fact that they've gotten stale doesn't bug me because they've both been around for several hundreds of episodes and that's kind of inevitable.

with cbb it's more complicated since we've learned that earwolf has fairly shitty business practices and that most of their biggest talent are people who are cool with UCB being garbage to its employees. finding out that lapkus is a scab was depressing
light rail coyote

Postby jewels » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:08 pm

i love the Marc and Tom episodes, I wish they did more
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:33 pm

light rail coyote wrote:the fact that they've gotten stale doesn't bug me because they've both been around for several hundreds of episodes and that's kind of inevitable.

with cbb it's more complicated since we've learned that earwolf has fairly shitty business practices and that most of their biggest talent are people who are cool with UCB being garbage to its employees. finding out that lapkus is a scab was depressing

Yeah I remember her sneaking a crappy joke about Adomian into a podcast when he was being vocal about the crappy business practices. Not great.
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:36 pm

what year was all this ucb drama? was it part of the metzger thing?
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby light rail coyote » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm

there's been an ongoing issue with UCB refusing to pay its performers despite major pushback from basically anyone affiliated with them that isn't already famous. seth simons has covered it pretty closely, and he got reports from a closed-door meeting where lapkus was one of the most aggressive voices in favor of not paying people.
light rail coyote

Postby Ebbnflo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Edit: nevermind, coyote answered. That's within the last year or two I think

But, also aaron glaser. Which was 2016
Ebbnflo

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:00 pm

this covers a good bit, disregard most the loan stuff

https://sethsimons.substack.com/p/ucbs-200000-loan-to-ian-roberts

there's like 70 plus comedy shows in la each week, i think only 5 places pay comics to do a 8-12 min set. some of them are free shows though. it's just gas money from the few paying ones

edit - oh, you mention seth already

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/01/the-case-for-paying-improvisors.html
Last edited by Brouhaha on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:09 pm

make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:49 am

I listened to the Stephen Colbert episode of WTF and I knew he was Catholic but I didn't realize he was "quoting parts of the Bible and having spiritual poems memorized" Catholic
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna be a fool. Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby badhat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 am

so i just listened to david lee roth on maron and my god that was a ride
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.
badhat

Postby Franco » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:48 am

If you want to stay on that same ride do the Perry Farrell next
Franco

Postby badhat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:49 am

ive been way back in on WTF lately and just working through the free ones I missed

he's just really good at his thing and get a lot of people i'm interested in.

the letterman one was great, steven root a few weeks ago, kristin bell is one of the most likeable people alive. mandy moore one was good,

as a huge KitH fan i really appreciate all of those. Most recent one is Bruce and it actually made me like Bruce even more. he seems like such an interesting guy. my KitH fandom was back before social media postcast Personality Saturation so i really didnt know a ton about them at the time and its neat to hear all of them talk about the formation group dynamics and the drama around brain candy etc..
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.
badhat

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....