Tarantino X: The Movie Critic

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Eyeball Kid » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:59 pm

The first time I saw it in a near-capacity crowd there were audible gasps at that moment.

Eyeball Kid

Postby Merciel » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:02 pm

We just saw it and the theater was maybe 25-30% full and that moment STILL got serious gasps.

Pretty good. I mean, the movie, but also Brad Pitt with no shirt on.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby galactagogue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:42 pm

yeah man he's 55, i can't believe what a hunk he still is.
Da Bing Boy wrote:future of work is going to be hilarious, actually

galactagogue

Postby Merciel » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:17 pm

God how is Brad Pitt 55 and Leonardo DiCaprio is 44 and that's how they look, respectively.

I was like "woah I can't believe Brad Pitt is showing signs of aging, but I guess he actually is 50" but now that I know he's actually 55, my mind is blown all over again.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby jordana » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:20 pm

They're millionaire actors who can afford to eat the best food, have the best trainers, and they also have the benefit of the top hollywood makeup people and stylists--all of that is in addition to their natural model looks. Leo looks his age to me though.
jordana

Postby Merciel » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:23 pm

That's what I mean, Leonardo's lightened up on the Hollywood age-defying routine enough that he looks like a normal person for his age (if this normal person used to be extremely good-looking and now clearly drinks too much).

So really they're 11 years apart but it's totally plausible that they could be the same age in the movie, because they look like they're the same age.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby galactagogue » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:36 am

jordana wrote:They're millionaire actors who can afford to eat the best food, have the best trainers, and they also have the benefit of the top hollywood makeup people and stylists--all of that is in addition to their natural model looks. Leo looks his age to me though.

:lol:

im laughing a little at the defensiveness i read into this post.

but also, like merciel said, leo has the same resources but IMO not the same level of appeal. so my awe for pitt's well-agedness continues...
Da Bing Boy wrote:future of work is going to be hilarious, actually

galactagogue

Postby Wrong Titus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Leo was a beautiful boy, a handsome man, and he’ll be kind of a squished looking Grampy. 2/3 ain’t bad. Brad Pitt was a beautiful boy, beautiful man, gonna be a beautiful Grampy, and yeah, it’s really defying the laws of physics.

Wrong Titus

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Rewatched Kill Bill over the past 2 nights and not only did it jump to my top Tarantino spot, i realized that (collectively) it's just one of my favorite movies

The Bride should be on a Man With No Name or Indiana Jones or whoever level of like, badass cultural film icon

Also I know it's a little shorter but man VOl 1 just FLIES by. So dang fun
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby manvstrees » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm

pt 1 is a fun movie pt 2 is hot damn a classic
Slartisfgh is never mentioned in The Bible, but it is here, during one of the early battles, that Matthew spontaneously became liquid.
Radiation trace: negligible

manvstrees

Postby Honk For Dracula » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:37 pm

the more i think of it the more i fuckin love this thing. i think its his best since the 90s but i love all Tarantino cos i'm a freak

Honk For Dracula

Postby spix et chicho » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:35 am

I turned on Kill Bill v1 the other day and couldn’t make it through the prologue. I might never watch it again, it’s burned into my grade 10 memories along with consistent social flagellation and posting on this message board
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby Malcolm Money » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:57 am

Kill Bill Vol. 1 annoyed me so much that I avoided Taratino for years and (regretfully) didn't even see Inglorious Basterds in the theatre. Didn't help that he did the grindhouse thing which I've never gotten into either.
It's comforting to think that somewhere unfathomably far away incomprehensible beings are possibly having some kind of subjective experience of a world that possibly observes basically the same laws as our own

Malcolm Money

Postby Swelling Itching Brain » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:21 am

Wrong Titus wrote:Leo was a beautiful boy, a handsome man, and he’ll be kind of a squished looking Grampy. 2/3 ain’t bad. Brad Pitt was a beautiful boy, beautiful man, gonna be a beautiful Grampy, and yeah, it’s really defying the laws of physics.

Brad Pitt has some Paul Newman-esque ageless fuckin beauty going on
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Swelling Itching Brain

Postby shame dawg » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:38 am

And he is or at least was a long time smoker. It ain’t fair.
This Guy wrote:There needs to be more RPGs

shame dawg

Postby apostrophe » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 am

My wife also made an audible sound when brad pitt took his shirt off.

apostrophe

Postby Fool » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:55 am

I'll never watch Kill Bill again because of that scene at the beginning of the first one (I think) when she slashes someone's Achilles tendon.

Fool

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:03 am

yeah that's in the first one, it's the dude who's been taking money to let ppl rape her while she's in a coma

it's definitely a pretty viscerally upsetting move

i get VERY stressed out when she's put into the coffin and buried alive

also for some reason like every line Michael Parks has as this character is hilarious to me

Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Poptone » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:16 am

michael parks was the best and i'm still sad he's gone

Poptone
cat fan

Postby apostrophe » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:11 am

Mesh wrote:Very highly recommend the You Must Remember This podcast for a Manson/Hollywood overview of appropriate breadth and depth.

started this recently and it's definitely helping frame the incident in my mind. i definitely knew about what happened in a very historical fact way and it's interesting to hear about it in the context of those times.
regarding this film, it's interesting how expectations are built and played with for people with different knowledge about the events. there are some things that went over my head (not knowing much about old hollywood vs new hollywood, etc) but it's a different film entirely for people who don't even know anything about the manson family/murders.

apostrophe

Postby NegativeCapability » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:02 pm

The more I think about this movie the more I hate it.
Stabbing me 11 times only pissed me off.

NegativeCapability

Location: I'm a nobody. You understand? And you can't kill a person with no body.

Postby Seamus » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Saw this last night and it was just OK so there you have it
Thanks, admin.

Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

monkey d stiltzkin wrote:pure poppycock from Seamus yet again

Seamus

Postby Ersaph » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:09 pm

This movie has withered in hindsight. Great conclusion, good milieu, but the ends do not justify the means and all the Leo cowboy stuff is so boring and bad.
And I feel like this year is really about, just the year of realizing stuff.

Ersaph

Postby manvstrees » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm

counterpoint it rules and the rewatches have been great
Slartisfgh is never mentioned in The Bible, but it is here, during one of the early battles, that Matthew spontaneously became liquid.
Radiation trace: negligible

manvstrees

Postby carlagain » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:29 pm

this movie should have been a lot prettier. not forwarding the metric but their were truly very few memorable shots, except i guess the painting in his driveway and the final shot which is very showy but also :roll: but thinking that out im sort of won over a little bit, because it is a really pointless movie. like brazen stupidity forwarding an edgy masculine coolness. but i like the simplicity of "i like the killing," and personally enjoying the violence at the end which reminded me (like a few things in this movie) of the pulp fiction toaster bit. which reminds me of my suspicions about tarantino, that he's fundamentally interested in tracking simultaneous action in a satisfying metered way. it's not so much commendable as... appreciable, it's no wonder he has fans. i guess it's the nature of anachronisms that you don't have too much to say about them; the lighting of the marquees really tips it over the edge for me. i am curious if tarantino is a real bastard, i heard that he got banned by the nypd and that seemed cool to me

carlagain

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 pm

hateful eight is better

palmer eldritch

Postby jefe górgory » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:33 pm

i don't really disagree or agree with you, but i am kind of laughing at the idea of you being really dismissive of QT by going "ah tarantino, man fuck that guy! all he wants to do is track simultaneous action in a satisfyingly metered way!"
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby jefe górgory » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:34 pm

not that i read your post as dismissive, but that's my image
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby carlagain » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:37 pm

it's good to laugh

carlagain

Postby notblues » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:46 am

movie was total garbage from beginning to end with maybe 2 half decent scenes in the whole thing. stuffed with cliches and bad writing. he is obsessed with looking cool even though he's a huge dork and nobody cares about his love of old westerns. violence at end was tacked on and shitty. guy should not be allowed to do another film, give the money to someone else.
notblues

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley