Tarantino X: The Movie Critic

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby tricksforchips » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:49 am

I saw this a second time and did not like it as much as the first. Felt very tedious the second time around.

tricksforchips

Postby manvstrees » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:58 am

Marlon Rando wrote:tell me what you think the problem is manvstrees

there was already a post for this
Slartisfgh is never mentioned in The Bible, but it is here, during one of the early battles, that Matthew spontaneously became liquid.
Radiation trace: negligible

manvstrees

Postby inkling » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:13 am

honestly dude I had trouble parsing this

manvstrees wrote:just kinda digging yourself deeper
you have to get past studio system and execs and also how this superhero wave isn't all that different from 80s/90s action movies before you can start on how culture sucks, since tv in general, and horror are both consistently putting out genuinely interesting and creative material and talent is consistently getting some money to create

if you want to chat about it

I don’t agree that horror is consistently interesting now

I think some horror movies have been interesting bc they have defied the multiplex style I talked about earlier

Hereditary for example used longer scenes that didn’t build to a crescendo every two minutes. It slowed down to capture the talk at a group therapy session for example. It wasn’t a typical horror movie.

My only point is that we could have much more of that, and that QT only seems special because we don’t.
a person's life is like a song

inkling

Postby spix et chicho » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:16 am

so you are saying that horror, has been 'elevated', to the level of Arts
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby inkling » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:22 am

nah man of course I said nothing like that

there’s a prevailing multiplex style that makes QT seem special because he doesn’t have to use it

I think it’s really lame when people use the idea that a distinction between high and low art is meaningless (which is true) to mean that it’s ok if I enjoy the same schlock over and over again

just because high art is bullshit doesn’t mean Aquaman doesn’t suck, but that’s where most people are

inkling

Postby galactagogue » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 am

dude you are just taking every impulse you have about movies and spouting it out like it's all the same thought. i appreciate the conviction but you're not having a conversation you're just being a crank who is neither capable of appreciating what exists and instead is wrapped in a possibility for some thing better that is fueled by.. idk, arrogance? misanthropy?

all i can say is—been there, but chill.
Da Bing Boy wrote:future of work is going to be hilarious, actually

galactagogue

Postby tricksforchips » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am

Seems like your argument is... there are good movies and there are also bad movies.

tricksforchips

Postby Thrustin Jeroux » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:29 am

tricksforchips wrote:Seems like your argument is... there are good movies and there are also bad movies.

And there are Great Movies tonight on CityTV after the news

CityTV everywhere
you are only coming through in waves
Thrustin Jeroux

Postby inkling » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am

galactagogue wrote:dude you are just taking every impulse you have about movies and spouting it out like it's all the same thought. i appreciate the conviction but you're not having a conversation you're just being a crank who is neither capable of appreciating what exists and instead is wrapped in a possibility for some thing better that is fueled by.. idk, arrogance? misanthropy?

all i can say is—been there, but chill.

hey please take it easy with all the insults

yeah I don’t like most of what exists and wish we had better movies

I don’t mean to bother you or make you upset. I agreed with what you said earlier even though you were pretty rude about it.

inkling

Postby inkling » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:37 am

peace out y’all

inkling

Postby Thrustin Jeroux » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 am

There goes Marlon Rando, off into the sunset never to be seen again, he could’ve been somebody, he could’ve been a contender but who knows in this crazy mixed up world.

Once Upon a Time in The Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Thread
you are only coming through in waves
Thrustin Jeroux

Postby galactagogue » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:48 am

i think if you approached the topic a little differently you'd realize you're talking down to people who more or less agree with you AND have other related opinions.

galactagogue

Postby inkling » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm

galactagogue I’m not condescending because I don’t like most movies at the multiplex.

Check it out. You’re pretty insulting but I engaged with you in a kind way anyway.

Marlon Rando wrote:
galactagogue wrote:lol at the faith in QT-style movies that don't exist being almost certainly all better than QT movies. Like a condescension from a non-existent future.

that’s pretty much accurate

I think we could have a much better movie culture than we do. I think our movies are appallingly bad.

like, in my movie culture someone like Miranda July would get money thrown at her to make a movie every year

and she would makemovies with long takes and non superheroes talking about their lives

But I think I understand you. You think I’m a condescending misanthrope crank. And I don’t want to have a conversation. Got it.

inkling

Postby jalapeño ranch » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:07 pm

Marlon Rando wrote:
galactagogue wrote:lol at the faith in QT-style movies that don't exist being almost certainly all better than QT movies. Like a condescension from a non-existent future.

I think we could have a much better movie culture than we do. I think our movies are appallingly bad.

like, in my movie culture someone like Miranda July would get money thrown at her to make a movie every year

and she would makemovies with long takes and non superheroes talking about their lives

This seems like a weird choice since Me and You and Everyone We Know is awful.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby kirito » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:09 pm

if you guys hate superheroes so much you should check out this show called the boys
They say more money more problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the muhfuckin problems.

kirito

Postby Bartatua » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:34 pm

I parsed it

I parsed it all
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua
Site Admin

Postby galactagogue » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Marlon Rando wrote:galactagogue I’m not condescending because I don’t like most movies at the multiplex.

Check it out. You’re pretty insulting but I engaged with you in a kind way anyway.

Marlon Rando wrote:

But I think I understand you. You think I’m a condescending misanthrope crank. And I don’t want to have a conversation. Got it.

i wonder if financing is really the main reason someone like miranda july doesn't make more movies. i also dunno what that has to do with whether or not QT is a good director or if he is at least capable of making good films.

galactagogue

Postby The Producer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:54 pm

The Producer

Postby OKterrific » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm

probably gonna go for round 2 at the IMAX this weekend
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts

OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby manvstrees » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Round 2 tonight
Slartisfgh is never mentioned in The Bible, but it is here, during one of the early battles, that Matthew spontaneously became liquid.

manvstrees

Postby Montague Terrace » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:07 pm

miranda july is fucking terrible

Montague Terrace

Postby neely o'hara » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 pm

miranda july makes apps and art projects and writes books. i get the point but she's a bad example. maybe james gray. is james gray the hugo simpson in this scenario

neely o'hara

Postby Eyeball Kid » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Miranda July would probably be making more movies if she followed other ex-Sundancers and threw herself at Disney

Eyeball Kid

Postby groupb » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Marlon Rando wrote:do y’all ever wonder when you’re watching a movie by Quaton Taradino what it would be like if we gave other people money to make grownup movies, like if once a month we had an auteur movie in theaters instead of once a year

I bet it would be cool and we’d forget all about Quata Tabadabo

groupb

Postby nice pass » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 pm

manvstrees wrote:
Marlon Rando wrote:most horror movies are shot like superhero movies, and so when you have a movie that isn’t shot that way people think it’s far more special than it is

not gonna parse this one

:lol:

nice pass
ok

Postby Buddy Glass » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:05 pm

The Producer wrote:

Boy am I relieved they edited the swearing out of this
What became of her? She lived, as she liked to say, off the kindness of gentlemen. I assume she’s dead.

Buddy Glass

Postby jefe górgory » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Saw this again and actually I think I love it
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby Eyeball Kid » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:14 pm

It's really the best

Eyeball Kid

Postby jefe górgory » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Eyeball I disagreed with you about Bruce Lee scenes at first but they worked much better round 2. The Spahn ranch scene did too but its still probably my least favorite, or maybe it is just not as good of a character beat as the lancer pilot or Sharon at the movies but it’s better to me now. Probably my favorite Leo performance ever I’ll call it
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby manvstrees » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:02 am

Round 2 ripped

manvstrees

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley