Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:52 pm

You could see decent results in as little as 3 months. Find a better program, going to failure is a once a week thing unless you're mainly chasing strength. Do more hypertrophy and clean up the diet.

I'm still not doing anything physical and losing half a lb like every 2 days, kind of nice but I still miss being active

don't @ me, denise
Last edited by Brouhaha on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Denise » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 pm

@bozo shut up
Denise

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:58 pm

just do 5x5 and eat only lentils
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Denise » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:00 pm

finally you're making sense
Denise

Postby reversemigraine » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:43 pm

As of today, I'm 50 lbs down from late May through dietary changes alone. Had really let myself go after getting married and having kids and have been mostly sedentary for the past five years or so, and had pretty much written myself off as "having mom's genes" or whatever, so it feels nice to recognize myself again. Just about to the point now where I'll feel comfortable jogging regularly; finances and family schedules are gonna keep me away from a gym for the foreseeable future, so I'm gonna have to figure out some body weight training that I can do at home.
reversemigraine

Postby odilon redon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:13 pm

i wonder if there’s a point of diminishing returns with circuits...they work well for me and i’ve pretty much adapted my routine almost entirely to sequencing exercises back to back. i usually don’t do more than 3 exercise circuits but tried a 5 exercise one the other day because all the heavier weights were taken and i wanted a challenge. maybe i’ll try a day where i just daisychain every exercise for the day and just do a bunch of sets of that, i’ll report back here my findings don’t worry dear readers
odilon redon

Postby virile » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:57 pm

just throwing this out there but if we change the thread to australian summer i just might have a chance here.

okay, so weekend. worked and then did the light day on the bike. just 30 mins at 145 heart rate. then back for the big one on sunday. started with regular warmup, and did a few machines before HIIT class. ab crunch for 4 sets and the machine chest press for 3. then HIIT. back to the same girl from a few weeks ago, using the stepper and stuff again so that modified bodypump class again. whatever, it was good. got through the whole thing. then immediately into the yoga session. these sundays the last month i end up at the gym for like 2.5-3hours and feel just super done and chilled out the rest of the day it's been great. and not dreading it like i did at first, but actually excited to get up and out there.

so yesterday was a holiday and the gym was closed. did a good amount of walking though. and.. ate two donuts and 3/4 of a medium pizza. what's up!

back in today for PT. started with regular cardio warmup. i settled on 6.1 because it's just under a 10 minute mile and i pretend that's badass. then we did a butt warmup. banded walks there and back with abductors at the end. after that got into it with the squat rack. four sets, started with 85 and progressed to 95 > 105 > 115lbs for each one. then onto walking lunges (most hate) holding 20 lb dumbbells in each hand. i swear i kinda basically sorta make it through the first two sets but by the last two i can barely balance it just wrecks me so hard. fuck a lunge imo. (can't have leg day without lunges she says) okay and so then we did the lying hamstring curl, 3 sets on 95. then we did that knee raise thing from before it's like another abductors variation with the cable machine and those handcuffs for your ankles. and then we had a few minutes left so got to do a new machine the standing calf raise! 3 sets on that one at 140. then stretches and sauna and i'm outta there.

legs are dying on any stairs i've taken and every time i get up from my desk i wanna fall over. good stuff.
virile

Postby Ides of Smarch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:12 pm

i started 5x5 again this week (with just the bar), and i wanna get my diet down. i get the sense that I maxed out early (and gave up) because i was not eating nearly enough to properly support recovery. i know there are a few vegan friends in this thread. ideally i'd like a plan where i can prep a week's worth of nutritious vegan calories for very little money. if i have to prep twice a week, i'd be ok with that, too. i just want something idiot proof like GOMAD, but vegan. is there a way?
Ides of Smarch

Postby sympathy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm

peanut butter
sympathy
ok

Postby Brouhaha » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:40 pm

*looks up gomad, almost throws up
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Robo-Chachi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm

That’s right. Gomads are what they cut off the bull and they are very high in protein.
Robo-Chachi

Postby tiger » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:51 pm

peanut butter is confusing because it looks like it has equal amounts of protein and fat, but fat calories are worth 9 calories per gram while carbs and protein are at 4 calories per gram, so you're getting double the fat per serving, which is OK and all but it's sort of like eating hot dogs if an even-keeled macro composition is what you're after

tempeh is good and goes with almost everything. nutritional yeast. i dunno the vegan thread is huge.
tiger

Postby Ides of Smarch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:59 pm

Brouhaha wrote:*looks up gomad, almost throws up

ikr
Ides of Smarch

Postby Denise » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:00 pm

you can also get that dumb peanut powder which is denser in protein and add it to your peanut butter but i mean cmon just eat the peanut butter you FUCK
Denise

Postby Ides of Smarch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:00 pm

i regoogled with a different phrasing and got pretty much exactly what i was looking for, in charming/irritating vlog form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dooOnuFyd8
Ides of Smarch

Postby sympathy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:07 pm

you know what helps me stay consistent in the gym? complicated meal preps
sympathy
ok

Postby virile » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:13 pm

i hardly ever prep meals at the gym
virile

Postby Robo-Chachi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:15 pm

There just isn’t sufficient counter space in the locker room!
Robo-Chachi

Postby sympathy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:16 pm

join a real gym
sympathy
ok

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:17 pm

way to bump this thread when i’m hurricane eating
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby virile » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:18 pm

don't worry man it is all good we have until australian summer now
virile

Postby tiger » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:40 am

if i'm being perfectly honest i am just too lazy to chew all that peanut butter

my easiest and cheapest form of resuscitation is frozen mixed berries, some of that silk chocolate flavored milk, and this combined protein/veggie powder. if you don't go crazy on the milk and/or blend it for too long then you are left with a nice ice cream consistency replete with partially-broken berries for chunkiness. i think mrm makes the powder and it cakes up well which adds to the magic. i'm not vegan but this setup is!

i come from a diabetic lineage and i was fat growing up so i always have to watch it. if i'm doing it properly i aim for 30-40% protein first (this is proven to slowdown the rate of sugar hitting your bloodstream) and then adjust the other two based on what i was doing for the day.
tiger

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 am

sometimes i make a shake using a premier protein drink, peanut butter, banana, ice, that’s it

a lot less calories than protein powder plus milk instead of the premier protein as a base
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Denise » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:33 am

that's an incredible story and one that won't leave me for a long, long time
Denise

Postby odilon redon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:21 pm

lol this dude in my gym had his shirt off and was reprimanded by the staff, so now he’s walking around with his shirt all hiked up so that it only covers his clavicle. i kinda admire the commitment to showing off ones hard earned progress tbh
odilon redon

Postby odilon redon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:23 pm

also not sure how he’s getting his shirt to stay like that
odilon redon

Postby Chyet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Denise wrote:gonna be so ripped next summer
ad astra per alia porci/harken' up, cowards/and hell is dark
Chyet

Postby deadbass » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:27 pm

I broke my toe this weekend and so I can't really do much for the next couple weeks at least. My eating has been pretty bad lately, but doing P90x3 daily has compensated. I need to do well with my diet now because I can't really exercise. It's truly frustrating how hard it is for me to not eat like a maniac.
deadbass

Postby marble » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:03 pm

i asked this dude who sits beside me at work what he curls and he said "the heaviest at the gym. 50kg"

yeah ok buddy
marble

Postby odilon redon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:06 pm

that’s not that unbelievable if he’s a bigger dude, especially as like a one rep max or whatever
odilon redon

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....