Healthy Eating Active Living Support Thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby The Priest » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:37 am

I've lost 25 lbs in two months now I'm just skinny

Took my son to the beach and he just said "didn't you used to have big muscles" and I was like yeah I guess

He saw a picture of us at the beach when he was 2 lol
Thank you for reading my posts ❤️

The Priest

Postby a falsetto child » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:14 pm

odilon redon wrote:getting ripped to get ripped update: weed is not a performance enhancing drug. who knew

My starting smoking weed again just happened to coincide with me quitting working out.

I’m trying to get back to it. Going to see if I can hold myself to a “no weed until after you have exercised” rule. Being high after a good workout feels pretty great anyways.

a falsetto child

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Just buy a 40lb bong
make it mild

Brouhaha

Postby odilon redon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Robo-Chachi wrote:
odilon redon wrote:getting ripped to get ripped update: weed is not a performance enhancing drug. who knew

My starting smoking weed again just happened to coincide with me quitting working out.

I’m trying to get back to it. Going to see if I can hold myself to a “no weed until after you have exercised” rule. Being high after a good workout feels pretty great anyways.

it’s fine but not the best if you’re trying to do anything particularly athletic beyond just lifting heavy things. like a crossfit style workout with supersets or circuits gets way harder

odilon redon

Postby odilon redon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:09 pm

not to be a cornball, but tfw your workout gets a little less tough and you know you’ve leveled up is the best

odilon redon

Postby a falsetto child » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:13 pm

I’m 45. I just do as little as possible to make sure my clothes fit well and I don’t die in the next year.

a falsetto child

Postby odilon redon » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Robo-Chachi wrote:I’m 45. I just do as little as possible to make sure my clothes fit well and I don’t die in the next year.

in that case then congratulations, you have my permission to get zooted before the gym

odilon redon

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Speaking of being old, I signed up for this 4 week stunt acting course. Only done one class and my neck was all sore from reacting in various ways to fake punches. Instructor is this older guy that does everything the old school way, so I'm probably going to fuck up my back or ankle doing falls. I might stop going if class 2 is too much for me. It was only a hundred so whatever
make it mild

Brouhaha

Postby virile » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:50 pm

stuncting
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby virile » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:06 pm

okay so bad weekend for me. skipped yoga friday didn't hit that 6 day streak. stayed up til like 7am friday night and slept through saturday. same thing saturday, cos of the night before i couldn't get to sleep til like 4:30.. so sunday was a write off too. drank too much, ate too much shitty hangover food, feelin generally blech. ended up in bed around 2:30-3 last night and had to be up at 8 to get ready for trainer so i was just dragging ass the whole session.

okay so regular cardio warmup was hell, sucking air the first few minutes eventually settled in. activation/warmup with banded walks and abductors same as always. started with the squat rack. 5 sets, first one with barbell to get form/activation. then 95/105/115 and new max of 125 (8 reps!) feeling good about squats. next up the hated walking lunges (40lb barbell) actually went better than they have.. the first set i can get through but 2/3/4 it's like i can't make it mre than 75% oft the way down the track before i start compensating/bad form/inconsistent movement. set 3 was the worst and actually weirdly on set 4 i got halfway, little 5 sec breather and made the rest of the way so one of the better ones on the day. it's like i still GET all the lunges done but man it ain't pretty or consistent or fast. next up lying hamstring curls for 3 sets at 100. and then finished with the glute kickback thing at 130 i don't even care what it's called. i was so done by this point i was like literally wheezing on the 3rd set and happy to be finished. real glad i got in because i'm sure it'll fix my sleep i am fucking exhauuuuuuusted.

also ow leg day. i hate walking around on leg day.

virile

Postby virile » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:46 pm

another write off week basically. worked early every day except yesterday and PT got cancelled anyway so nothing there. went for yoga today but only that and monday. telling myself i'm gonna get a workout in tomorrow after work so gotta not bail on that. can't give myself any excuses. if i can do saturday/sunday i'll feel better. and then next week i'll have 3 PTs again to make up for the cancelled one yesterday. next week will be better. this week sucks.

virile

Postby virile » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:46 pm

good thing summer doesn't start this week eh

virile

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:57 pm

i did incline, decline, and military press free weights for the first time in like a year and i cannot describe how sore i am
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby virile » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:30 pm

does that count as stolen valor if you're just doing their presses mcwop are you a veteran of the wars

virile

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:33 pm

They're doing the 2nd part of my finger surgery next week, my stunt acting career is over. My no exercising and probably gaining a bunch of weight career is just beginning though. Almost got down into the 70s.
make it mild

Brouhaha

Postby virile » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 pm

i guess i forgot to bump this all week. not a great week. monday session got moved to tuesday because PT had a dentist appointment. tuesday was legs which was good. this is either the 3rd or 4th week we've been doing exclusively legs so i'm getting pretty used to the routine (squat rack > walking lunges > hamstrings (few variations of this but same idea) > that glute kickback thing (this week we added abductors as a super set using the same machine) so that went well but had to skip the good yoga class to do this session.

tuesday: squat rack 95 > 105 > 115 > 125
walking lunges 4x 40lb
lying cable hamstring curl (15 each side)
glute kickback @ 130 / superset abductors @ 40

was gonna do a high intensity workout she gave me on wednesday but had to get some other shit done so didn't make it in. and then today back in for arms day. also getting pretty used to this routine, although it varies more than leg day. got up to 35 (25 > 30 > 35) on the dumbbell chest press and i was pretty pleased with myself. looked over and there was a dude (a huge jacked dude) rocking double 120s i was blown away. i was like dying by the 35s haha. got all of em in though. considering a month ago was like 20 > 22.5 > 25 i'm pretty happy with this. next up seated cable row (42.5) super set with assisted pullups (145, very excited about this one.. these are still fucking grueling but last i asked the weight on these was 185 soo.. very happy) and then onto overhead shoulder press (didn't get weight) superset with those fucking awful banded shoulder raises. back over to the cable machine for overhand grip tricep extension super set with close grip elevated pushups (arms real close, lock elbows, works out triceps also!) and then finally finished up with the face pull (elbows up! elbows up!) and that was superset with a new one, open palm chest supported fly (only 8 lbs each on these.. started with 5 and i'm like oh yeah ez np.. she gives me 8 and i'm like wtf this is breaking my arms.. that is nuts to me)

okay so today was the start of a good stretch. yoga tomorrow. gonna do that HIIT workout she gave me saturday after work. sunday doing my regular HIIT & yoga class. then next week we have 3 sessions.. so probably mon > tues > thurs but if i can get her to do m>w>th i can get in that tuesday yoga i like too. as long as i eat well i should be real happy!

we also did an update assessment from the first time i came in and i was really pleased. she's gonna send me all the numbers that i don't remember but like very promising results so far. a couple numbers i can remember (ish) include i was 27.something % fat at the start now down to 22! my weight is almost identical (239.2 > 239.0 today) but i've lost inches and gone from XXL to XL so it's muscles. i've lost like 11 lbs or 8 lbs? shit i can't remember now.. but lbs of fat are gone and lbs of muscle have replaced them and i love it!

virile

Postby virile » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:58 pm

back in the game today after almost 3 weeks off. i've been playing with the puppy but it's not the same! actually like a week ago i noticed i was down 10 lbs and got real excited until i realized i was probably just losing all the muscle i built up. way cool! anyway i actually felt REALLY good today when i went in.

started with warmup same as always. then did a leg warmup banded walks ss with abductors. then over to the single leg press (if that's what it's called) then we did assisted pullups (down to 130 on these from 185 when i started so that's nice!) which i really think is a weird sensation. like it's hard but also doesn't feel like i'm doing anything. it's hard to explain i dunno. anyway then we did dumbbell chest press 25 30 35 (i don't think i'd done 35s yet so first day back i'm already breakin records heyo!) then we did the oblique toss with the big weight ball thing and that was ss with just jogging/sprinting up and down the turf. and then finally burnout doing 3 sets of battle ropes (first time i've done alternating where you do different motions for it?)

anyway felt really good after. definitely missed the gym which is i guess a good sign. really excited for summer!

virile

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:10 pm

I just assumed a barbell fell on you
make it mild

Brouhaha

Postby The Priest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:13 pm

i'm just gonna be a super skinny guy

The Priest

Postby The Priest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:13 pm

muscles are dum

The Priest

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:15 pm

cant remember the last time I set foot in a gym

did the second part of my finger surgery a few weeks ago, I'll spoiler tag the pic as it's a bit gruesome

ImageToggle Spoiler
make it mild

Brouhaha

Postby virile » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 pm

that's freakin gross as hell!!

virile

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:20 pm

I told those fuckers to keep things pretty but they didn't listen
make it mild

Brouhaha

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:20 pm

helluva bump when twix were bogo
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Eyeball Kid » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Looks like your arm hair is growing back in nicely

Eyeball Kid

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:22 pm

thank god
make it mild

Brouhaha

Postby virile » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:33 pm

made it back in on thursday and honestly was feeling pretty great even after a few weeks off/going the day before. was really worried i'd be totally wrecked.

started with reg warm up. then did sled push supersset with alternating lunges. then i got to do a new machine (hack squat) which was a weird sensation but eventually fun and that was superset with single leg hamstring curls. out to the overhead shoulder press and that was supeset with banded front shoulder raise (still in my top 3 most hated!) and then finished up with straight arm lat pullodwns and superset with lower back extensions. honestly everything just felt a little easier than it did. dunno why maybe since i hadn't taken multiple weeks off since i started didn't give me a chance to evaluate how i was doing/rest properly but either way i felt good and it was nice! was gonna head out to yoga last night but i ended up staying awake too late hangin out with a nice lady and the puppy and couldn't drag my ass outta bed for yoga. gonna try and get in something after work tomorrow before i head home. and i'm comfortable enough leaving the pup for a couple hours that i'm gonna start getting back into my sunday routine too. or maybe just HIIT and rush home i dunno. wanna keep both HIIT & yoga going if i can. and really it's only like 3 hours. hm. maybe just HIIT we'll see.

virile

Postby The Priest » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:48 pm

TIRED: muscles
WIRED: my new wiry body

The Priest

Postby drudge » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:00 pm

im in shape this summer but i don't eat enough now that i'm working again and the lifting is being wasted by poor nutrition.

drudge

Postby mancubz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 pm

I was gonna work out but then work ppl like me again bc I’m not all fuckin sad and miserable so now I’m just drunk lol!
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley